|Take Charge C-Level Executive who Leads by Example & Motivation Resulting in Growth, Profitability & Sustainability|
Steve Taplin is a strategic and a take charge C-Level technology executive with a 20+ year history of Executive Leadership, Sales Growth, P & L Management and Venture Capital from startup companies to Fortune 500 companies. Steve has also proven himself in the fast growth & mid-market company’s space, while excelling at investments, acquisitions, corporate turnarounds and technology related ventures.
Steve started his career as a Sales Executive at IBM where he originated & led the sales strategy for complex customer solutions, including in-depth cost structures coordinating with numerous divisions of the company. During his first 6 years with IBM, he drove over $230M of top line revenue, while exceeding anticipated profit margins and consistently surpassing his sales quotas. Steve won numerous IBM awards and was nominated to the prestigious “IBM Executive Development Program” an honor awarded to less than 1% of the 300,000+ person work force.
Steve’s impeccable success at IBM provided him the opportunity to build and lead his own Private Equity firm, TAPCO Companies. This firm grew to over $400M of assets under management, consisted of numerous operating companies and had over 2000 employees at its peak. As President & CEO of TAPCO Companies, Steve created and managed technology companies, niche real estate investments and marketing companies. Some key highlights included:
- Start-up Real Estate Investment Company that experienced rapid growth through innovative technology and franchise network. Achieved $100M+ gross sales and profited $4.1M net in first 2 years. Served as president & directed operations in 13 states. Received lucrative buyout offer in 2006.
- One of Steve’s technology firms focused on process improvements and performance monitoring solutions for clients, allowing them to automate workflows and have key task management checkpoints and executive reporting. To maximize efficiencies for this business, Steve set up overseas operations by purchasing land, constructing an office building & setting up operations for over 160 employees in the Philippines.
- Repeatedly implemented SalesForce CRM to efficiently develop, track, and manage all sales and marketing.
- Produced intellectual capital that generated 120K+ real estate/mortgage and leads annually through internet platforms and using smart search engine optimization tactics and strategic pay-per-click campaigns, setting up 80 person call centers utilizing predictive dialing technology, as well as setting up highly specialized email marketing systems with databases of 5M+ emails across the US with email, video, and newsletter updates.
- Steve led Diversified Residential REIT which performed real estate acquisitions & lending for distressed assets in select markets utilizing Steve’s proprietary software that automated processes and dramatically increased efficiencies in evaluating and purchasing these assets. Steve utilized strategic planning with securities broker dealers as well as expanding operations international having set up a branch in Australia. He also prepared the company to be listed on a National Securities Exchange by organizing necessary corporate governance processes & accounting systems to satisfy the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
In 2016, Steve was recruited back into IBM to be Vice President of Sales, where he led teams of 100+ employees and captured $480M+ of revenue by securing multiple $15M to $250M+ outsourcing engagements through strategic business development, alliance building, and superb deal negotiation.
In 2019 Steve wanted to expand his C-Level experience and became Vice President of Strategic Pursuits for DXC Technology, a $20B IT Managed Services company. In this executive role Steve manages over $500M of client business and is charged with expanding this to $1B+.
Steve earned his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from DePaul University in Chicago, IL and his bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, from the school of Business at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL. Steve is also a published author, contributing to the book: “Entrepreneurship: The Way Ahead.” When Steve is not building and leading companies, you will find him spending quality time with his wife and 2 children in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona.